For Your Protection
all my subdomain sites including the
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
Sending me an email via the email forms on my websites will not add you to my mailing list. Your correspondence with me is treated as a confidential conversation between you and me, alone.
Any Booking Form you send to me via my websites will automatically place your name and email address on my mailing list so that I can keep in touch with you via my email newsletter. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time via the Unsubscribe link in each newsletter.
Who I share your data with
I will never sell your data. I will not spam you. I take your privacy (and mine) very seriously.
Any information you give me about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms will never be sold or deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if I am required to do so by law;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the first three paragraphs in this section, above;
- if I am expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors
Storage of Your Data
Regarding the storage of your data and all matters of your privacy, I adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA). You can read and download the details of this Code on the ACA website via this link:
I do not store your data on any digital, electronic, or cloud-based systems. My client files are stored on paper in a securely locked filing cabinet in my own private space. I respect the confidentiality agreement between client and therapist, so no one else is allowed to have access to any stored information about you, unless the notes are subpoenaed or there is risk of harm to the client or others. You will be asked to sign an Agreement to this effect at commencement of therapy.
- Confidentiality is an essential part of all Counselling and Psychotherapy. I hold all records and personal contact details securely within my practice and will ensure confidentiality in the treatment of all records and personal information in line with the Code of ethics of the ACA. All information is held solely for the purpose of maintaining effective therapeutic treatment. The only exceptions to this is:
a. If you give express permission in writing eg. GP or other medical specialist
b. If I am required by law to give evidence by subpoena
c. As a duty of care when you are at risk of harm to yourself or at risk of harming someone else
- If there is a child protection issue: I am a mandatory reporter and this would be reported to the relevant authority.
- If there is any need to make these exceptions this would be discussed beforehand with you before any information is shared.
- This site uses the Google Analytics cookies to collect your general usage data for analytics processing only. However, I have activated ‘IP-anonymization’ on all my websites (your IP address is therefore truncated) to prevent personally identifiable information or associations about you being sent to Google. I have opted to do this for your privacy because I do not use analytics to personally target you with advertising (and in this instance, neither will Google).
- So, on my sites, Google Analytics records your anonymous movements around my websites, the time you spend on each page, demographics such as country or city location, and type of device (i.e. operating system such as iOS, OSX, Android, Windows version, etc), so that I may improve my sites for all visitors.
- The ‘Persistent Cookies’ (text files) in your browser are also set to expire after one month.
- By scrolling any of this site’s pages, you are accepting these IP-anonymization cookies.
- Offering a testimonial for my use on my websites implies you are happy with me using your testimonial on any of my websites and my promotional material. I will not publish your testimonial on social media sites, unless I have your written permission and for an express purpose.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on my websites can be deleted or edited at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
Terms & Conditions
- I require 48 hours notice for appointment cancellations and postponements.
- I require payments in advance.